Drive mounted during boot, even though "noauto". :(

Hi,

Current Sid
kernel 2.6.10

/dev/Archive_Disk /media/1394 ext3 rw,suid,dev,exec,noatime,\
                                          noauto, user,async 0 2

Why isn't noauto doing what I want it to?

From the mount(8) man page:
     (i) The command
            mount -a [-t type] [-O optlist]
     (usually given in a bootscript)  causes  all  file  systems
     mentioned in fstab (of the proper type and/or having or not
     having the proper options)  to  be  mounted  as  indicated,
     except  for  those  whose line contains the noauto keyword.
     Adding the -F option will make  mount  fork,  so  that  the
     filesystems are mounted simultaneously.

(Yes, I'm using udev to define what /dev/Archive_Disk is.)

Thanks
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Microkernels have won."