RE: Compatibility trouble

>I am having trouble finding out if the latop that I
>use (Sony Vaio FX503 - no mods) with a Belkin 54g
>wireless network card is compatible to run Debian
>Linux. I am inexperienced in Linux so would like as
>straight-forward of an install as possible.

http://tuxmobile.org is your friend. For that particularly model someone
did in fact install Debian, but wrote up the instructions in French...
there are English instructions for an older version of Suse. Many
details for different, but similar, versions... check it out here
http://tuxmobil.org/sony.html