Re: Compatibility trouble

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Kevin Mark wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:53:16AM -0800, Colin Gibson wrote:
> > I am having trouble finding out if the latop that I
> > use (Sony Vaio FX503 - no mods) with a Belkin 54g
> > wireless network card is compatible to run Debian
> > Linux. I am inexperienced in Linux so would like as
> > straight-forward of an install as possible.

straight forward..
  belkin 54g is probably a broadcom chipset
  ( it aint supported by any flavor or linux )

and if you really want it to work as a wireless client ..
	- use ndiswrapper
	- it will look for the windoze driver on the cd
	that came with the 54g

more ndiswrapper itty-bitty howto
	http://www.Linux-Wireless.org/Install-HOWTO/Drivers/NDISwrapper/

c ya