Re: File Types and Programs preferences gone?

Seeker5528 <seeker5528@comcast.net> writes:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:06:39 -0800
> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I just learned about the "Open With" in Nautilus, but that
>> doesn't appear to have any way to show the File Types and Programs
>> dialog that I remember. The "Open With" menu item simply launches the
>> application you provide.
>>

> In Nautilus, if you right click a file then choose properties, then go to
> the 'Open With' tab you get a list of applications that have been
> associated with that file type. From this window you can add/remove
> programs from the list and choose which is the default for the file type.

Cool. That works well. Thanks for the pointer.

Is the File Types and Programs dialog really dead and this is the way
to go? If so, I guess the docs need to be updated.

I think the other issue I mentioned about Galeon not finding the PDF
Viewer might well be a Galeon bug...