Re: System recovery nearing completion

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:04:03PM -0500, Josh Narins wrote:
> I used strace and found that mozilla was segfaulting when it couldn't
> find /var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/B/Bitstream-Vera-Serif.ttf
>
> But when I check with the bots, that file is not in Debian.
>
> I'll try reinstalling everything, but can anyone explain the above?

Hm.. I would not expect to find files in packages that are stored under
/var/lib - after all, that's for stuff that gets modified as part of
normal system operation.

Is it possible that it's a font that you downloaded separately?  Or it
came via an "installer"-package, such as e.g. msttcorefonts?

The ttf-bitstream-vera package looks relevant too, but since I haven't
got it installed I cannot be sure

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jørgensen