Re: Voice Chat

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 15:34 -0500, Tom Moore wrote:

> I'm not currently using a modem, but I have used it with a modem and the program works quite well.
> Bandwidth is less than 28.8 probably like say 19.2 or so

That'd be pretty low. If it even works over a modem with decent
audio quality I'd call it OK :)

> and latency is not really a problem.

That's important, at least for me. I don't like waiting seconds
for my peer to respond.

> One draw back though is it is only half duplex so you'll have to operate it like a cb radio.
> Press space when you want to talk, and once again when your finished.

Wow, now that's charming. No joke, I like radio and all that
"copy that ... do you read me ... roger" stuff. Gives a feeling
like you're on mission. Definitely cool!

> If you can handle that little problem it works well.
> If you want to cjoin a reflector and see how the quality is try:
> gene3.ait.iastate.edu:4074

Thanks for the pointer. Not right now, but maybe next weak or so
if that service is still up, just to check it out.

Regards, Bruno.