Re: alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

En/La Steven Anderson ha escrit, a 15/03/05 19:33:
| I tried follwing the directions located here for alsa
| http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?module=emu10k1
|
| I am trying to install a
|
| sound blaster live 24bit card
|
| on debian
| kernel version 2.6.8-2-386
|
| I followed the directions meticulously three times
| Note: the directions say
|
| "The snddevices script sets the permissions for the
| devices it creates to root."
|
| After running the version of this script already
| installed in a directory on the computer, I realized
| there was a snddevices script in the alsa-driver
| directory.
|
| They should put this more explicitly in the
| directions.
|
| I thought the was the problem, but it wasnt
|
| I still get the error
|
| alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default:
| No such device
|
| I dont know much about setting up sound so am not even
| sure where to begin with troubleshooting it.
|
| Can anyone help? I have been at this for a week...In
| my humble opinion somthing as simple as sound should
| be easier to get working.
|
| One more thing to note: I read one message when I was
| doing some google searching that indicated that the
| name of the driver might have changed but it was very
| vague...sorry cant find the news thread again to put a
| link to it here.
|

| Thanks in advance everyone!
|
| Regards,
|

| Steven Anderson

| Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
| http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

Hi Steven,
I just checked the Alsa driver page and they claim to support the
emu10k2 chip set, at least for the Sound Blaster Audigy series. It uses
the alsa emu10k1 driver.
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix
Cheers,
Jonathan