Re: minicom: how to send control -c to remote machine

In article <[🔎] 200503061115.26895.mlaks@verizon.net>,
Mitchell Laks  <mlaks@verizon.net> wrote:
>hi,
>I am using minicom to log on to another machine from my debian box.
>
>When i run the ping command on the remote machine, and  type control c it
>doesnt stop the ping from running. I need to control z then kill the process
>while it sits in the background. I can't seem to find how to send the control
>c interrrupt message.

You shouldn't have to do anything special - and there isn't anything
special about control-c, it's a character like any other.

If the remote system doesn't respond to control-c, its terminal
settings are wrong somehow. Try "stty -a", it should say
something like "intr = ^C" somewhere. If it doesn't say that at
all or shows some other character you need to debug the remote system..

Mike.