Re: X menus won't run xterm pgms

Wayne Topa wrote:
Jan C. Nordholz(jckn@gmx.net) is reported to have said:

Hi Jan

I had already found the problem when you mail came in ie: update-alternatives. Thanks for the tip though as it will go into
 the toolbox for the 'next' time.

 Just tried it wuth your 'strace -f -eexecve PID' but for some reason
 the PID's I tried only return 'strace: 11759 command not found'.

 Looks like I have a bit more studying to do.

 Wayne

Hi Wayne,

ah, mea culpa. ;) The proper syntax would have been

strace -f -eexecve -pPID

( -f : also trace newly-created child processes
 -e : print only calls to this kernel function
 -p : attach to process with id PID instead of executing
      the last argument given to strace )

Sorry!

Jan

No mea culpa.  I read the man page after I wrote to you and did
attach a trace.  That would have been a much faster way to
troubleshoot the problem.  I should know better.  I preach RTFM all
the time!!!

Thanks Jan, its been too long since I used strace and I should know
better then to rely on my 66 year old brain.  It getting quite cloudly
lately.

Turning 66 coming March 11, anything new coming up?