Re: dmesg query

OK - thanks.

But ... my question remains ..... does the fact that lsmod _does_ list
support for Promise drivers (whereas dmesg does not) mean that if I
buy a Promise IDE card with the correct chip - SARGE will provide
support for that IDE card?

In short - I want - a definitive method of finding out whether a
Promise IDE card would have support before I bought it. Previously I'd
been told to use dmesg, but it looks like lsmod is the way to go.

Various outputs below:

lsmod output [snippet below]:

Module                  Size  Used by
pdc202xx_old           15388  0
pdc202xx_new           10012  0
appletalk              32820  20
ipv6                  229764  10

lspci output:
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440LX/EX - 82443LX/EX Host bridge (rev 03
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440LX/EX - 82443LX/EX AGP bridge (rev 03)
0000:00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
0000:00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
0000:00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
0000:00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalCl
ar SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
0000:00:13.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X
2X (rev 5c)