Re: Help Xserver-Xfree86

--- John Fleming <john@wa9als.com> wrote:

> REAL newbie in this area - I'm using Sarge and 2.4
> kernel.  I have an ATI Rage
> Fury 8MB video card in a Dell 600SC.  My video is
> fine with a CRT, but I have
> major problems with the Dell flat panel display.
> When I try to use the flat
> panel, sometimes it's OK for a few minutes, but then
> starts to flash on and
> off, initially with mouse moves, and then
> spontaneously.  After a few
> minutes, it's off more than it's on, and therefore
> useless.
>
> I've tried quite a few different parameters with
> dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86, but they all result in the same
> behavior.
>
> Anyone else experienced this that could give me clue
> where the problem(s)
> might be and/or other ways to try configuring etc?
> Would a 2.6 kernel be
> smarter about this?  THANKS - John

Hello Jhon the problem is with the X configuration I
have a 1600SC Dell server with flat panel working well
wuth that kernel I attach to this message the
XF86Config-4 please check against your configuration.

I hope this help you.

Regards

=====
--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)