Re: Q about mailing lists ethics

Karsten M. Self wrote:
Peace.

Unfortunately I have to wake up at night more than once to do that :)

While the thread is still warm.

When I open a thread and somebody help or even tries to, the way I have been brought up compels me to say THANKS.

1) Doing that on the list: people will know I have been kind in response

2) Doing that only privately to the poster: sometimes impossible. Could leave someone on the list thinking I am an ungrateful bastard

3) Not doing that at all: everybody would think I am an opportunistic bastard but some bandwidth would be spared.

Hope my survival English mamaged to express what I wanted (why us Romans didn't keep on conquering the world as we once knew so well :->)

Bob