Re: Openoffice & external links to graphics.

On (21/02/05 14:19), James Cummings wrote:
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Dear All,
>
> Ok, from our shared file space with my colleagues using Word and such
> things, I open up Foo.rtf in openoffice (current unstable version).  I
> make some changes and then save it.
>
> Openoffice saves it as Foo.rtf and Foo.png with a file:// link in it
> that specifies my home directory, etc.
>
> Is there a way to make Openoffice embed the graphics in the file (i.e.
> keep it as it *was*) rather than split them up into multiple files.
>
> This is *extremely* inconvenient since colleagues are all using Word
> and whatnot.
Hi James

I share word docs with MS users without a problem but have set
MSWord 97/2000/XP as default in Options> Load/Save/General.  I suspect
it is the use of rtf which is causing the problem (Rich Text Format -
not graphics, /<he said in ignorance>).

Regards

Clive

--