Re: Debian Kindergarten List (was: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users - seriously).

Mr. Jan Hearthstone(hearthstone11@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:

> > Date:	Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:24:43 -0800
> > From:	"Paul Johnson" <baloo@ursine.ca>
> > To:	debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject:	Re: Debian List for Idiot Debian Users -
> > seriously.
>
> > On Thursday 03 February 2005 10:00 am, Mr. Jan
> > Hearthstone wrote:
> > > There should be a Debian for idiots by idiots
> > list;
> > > at least the rest of us (non-programmers,
> > non-techies)
> > > could not feel superior to each other, and instead
> > we
> > > would eventually get our legitimate questions
> > answered
> > > in terms that we would understand.
> >
> > Why do you think such a list would work?  Do you
> > honestly think that
> > there's going to be people with the knowledge
> > willing
> > to camp out, for
> > free, answering the same questions already answered
> > and archived 20
> > bajillion places?
> >
> > For that matter, why are you asking this obvious
> > question, when it's
> > been answered several times over and archived
> > everywhere?
>  xxxxxxxxxx   end quote   xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    Hearthstone penneth:
>  I googled extensively - yes there are many answers
>  out
>  there, yet (as I said before) none of them worked
>  for
>  me for the simple reason that (for what I can
>  perceive) the Sarge, Testing, and Sid boot
>  "Instalation floppies" do not seem to "see" my
>  "hda1",
>  whereas the old "Woody" "instalation" floppy works
>  wonderfully. And I, a mere Debian idiot had to find
>  out this for myself.
>    And thanks--you are proving my point that fellow
>  Debian idiots would much kinder and helping to each
>  other than the proud elite on many occassions!
>
>    What would be the practical steps to take for
> starting a
>  humane, for the Debian-challenged Preschool List?
>    Again--I am serious.

I doubt that you could convince the Debian list owner to create a
pre-schooler list, but you could start a yahoo group, if you like.
You could announce it here and then all of the kiddies could go there.

Seems like a waste to me but then, you say you are serious.
>    Beside--you'd never had to bother with the likes
>  of
>  me again, were there a "Debian Kindergarten List".
>
>    Towards World Peace and Understanding Through Free
>  Computing!
>
>    Hearthstone.

WT
--
               Your mouse has moved.
You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.