Re: Laptop and needed for exim4

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:43 -0500, Adam Aube wrote:
> Glyn Tebbutt wrote:
>
> > Ive been thinking, do i really need exim4 installed? Ive got my server
> > setup as my mail server from which i access all my mail via imap but on
> > my laptop do i really need exim4? Or do i need it for system only mail?
>
> anacron and at depend on some sort of MTA, and the output of cron jobs (if
> any) is sent via system email. Since this email will show you if something
> is going wrong with your system's cron jobs, you definitely want it.
>
> On my laptop, Exim is configured for a non-networked setup, so it does local
> mail delivery only. All system users are aliased to root, which is aliased
> to my username, so I get all system mail.
>
> Adam

Could you set it up in that way but then have the service disabled? or
does it have to be running to recieve the mail??
Cheers for the reply
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|           Lisa, if we conserve the environmentalist win |
|                                          -Homer Simpson |