Re: Laptop and needed for exim4

Glyn Tebbutt wrote:

> Ive been thinking, do i really need exim4 installed? Ive got my server
> setup as my mail server from which i access all my mail via imap but on
> my laptop do i really need exim4? Or do i need it for system only mail?

anacron and at depend on some sort of MTA, and the output of cron jobs (if
any) is sent via system email. Since this email will show you if something
is going wrong with your system's cron jobs, you definitely want it.

On my laptop, Exim is configured for a non-networked setup, so it does local
mail delivery only. All system users are aliased to root, which is aliased
to my username, so I get all system mail.

Adam