Laptop and needed for exim4

Hi everyone
Ive been thinking, do i really need exim4 installed? Ive got my server
setup as my mail server from which i access all my mail via imap but on
my laptop do i really need exim4? Or do i need it for system only mail?
im just locking down my laptop so i was considering the issues that
could affect the security of my laptop.
So exim4, should it be removed and purged or does i really need it?
Cheers for any replies
| Glyn Tebbutt |                d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|           Lisa, if we conserve the environmentalist win |
|                                          -Homer Simpson |