Re: NVIDIA upgrade failures

Tom Allison wrote:
I'm currently running the 2.6.8 kernel with a GeForce 550 MX video card
and the nvidia drivers version 6111

I tried to upgrade to 2.6.10 and have run into a wall.

I cannot get the 6111 drivers to work.
I cannot get the 'latest' drivers from NVidia to work.
I cannot get the 'latest' drivers from NVidia to work on 2.6.8 kernel.

For the last year, I've been able to simply follow a recipe of upgrading
the kernel, installing the kernel-headers package for the same version,
and then run the NVIDIA installation script from nvidia's website.  And
it's always come up fine.

Now it's screwed up.  I've had to revert back to 2.6.8 and the old
nvidia drivers.

Why not check this out?  See if there is some helpful info there.
Incidentally, the latest version of the nVidia drivers are 6629.
I would get those.  The packages are in Sid.

-Roberto

--
Roberto Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr