Re: partitioned drive in linux. Windows gives me a phantom drive letter

Kent West wrote:

> Perhaps the differences between FAT16 and FAT32 may be relevant here. Or
> perhaps booting off the second drive is part of the unpredictable
> behaviour mentioned above. Just some thoughts.

All my windows partions are set up as FAT32.
According to grub,
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
is supposed to do a virtual swap so that windows thinks it's on the first
drive. According to the grub documentation, this is supposed to work.