Re: dpkg-reconfigure -a won't fix a problem

Rodney D. Myers wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:30:06 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
Rodney D. Myers wrote:
I ssh'd into her machine, and attempted to finish her update. The
command line instructed me to "dpkg-reconfigure -a", which I have been attempting to do for the past 2 hours. It get only so far into "fixing things, then quits with the error message;

ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in  ("/usr/share/guile/site"
"/usr/share/guile/1.6" "/usr/share/guile" ".")
Perhaps you should try manually installing "slib" to meet the requirement.

Did that, but no good :-(

this is what is installed vs. what is available;

rodney@elkys-home:~$ dpkg -l | grep slib
slib           3a1-4.2        Portable Scheme library

westk[@westk03]:/home/westk> apt-file search require.scm
scm: usr/lib/scm/require.scm
scsh: usr/lib/scsh/misc/require.scm
scsh: usr/lib/scsh/misc/require.scm
slib: usr/share/slib/require.scm
slib: usr/share/slib/require.scm

So it looks like what package is generating this error expects slib to be in location other than where it actually is.

You might try creating a symlink: "ln -s /usr/share/slib/require.scm /usr/share/guile/". If that fixes your problem, you might want to file a bug report on whichever package this is that's coughing up blood all over your shiny keyboard.

--
Kent