Re: dpkg-reconfigure -a won't fix a problem

Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I ssh'd into her machine, and attempted to finish her update. The
> command line instructed me to "dpkg-reconfigure -a"

dpkg-reconfigure -a will re-ask the debconf questions of every packge
installed on your system, which you don't want to do and which will not
fix your problem.

dpkg --configure -a is the command line you probably really saw. This
will configure any unconfigured packages on the system.

--
see shy jo