Re: Video surveillance options

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 01:18 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 04:54 am, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > Speaking as someone who has had to use security footage on a daily
> basis
> > > before, none whatsoever.  Digital video is useless to law
> enforcement
> > > as it cannot be enhanced later.
> >
> > Doesn't it all depend on the format and the compression rate?
>
> Not really.  Digital pictures suffer from pixelation at a distance.

That may apply to a digital zoom. I sincerely doubt it applies to
digital video. You can get resolutions as high as film... you can
certainly get resolutions as high as standard video. You can certainly
get higher resolutions than you do with the surveillance stuff I've
worked with.

--
http://www.RTaylor-Design.Com