Re: ugly fonts with Acrobat Reader and XPdf (pdflatex)

On Jan 22 2005, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> mhh...  I installed tetex-base and other related latex packages...  what
> fonts package should I install?

Try to install lmodern and then do a \usepackage{lmodern} in the preable of
your document.

I'd suggest something like this:

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{pxfonts} % or txfonts or lmodern or palatino or times

This way, your files generated by pdflatex will be able to use Type 1
fonts.

If you have the bandwidth, perhaps you could install the cm-super package
that once was available in Claire's repository. It comes with Type 1
versions of Computer Modern (the default TeX fonts) and many others
(including the fonts used in the book "Concrete Mathematics", which I find
so pleasing to the eyes).

Please see http://bugs.debian.org/133649 for information regarding the
cm-super package.

Hope this helps, Rogério Brito.