Re: ugly fonts with Acrobat Reader and XPdf (pdflatex)

Roberto Sanchez wrote:
Quoting Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it>:

It's the first time I use these programs in Debian (I'm using them in Mandrake and Gentoo and never had problems): the problem is that the fonts look really bad both in xpdf and (even worse) in acrobat reader...

This is because they are using Type 3 (bitmap fonts, which are very ugly)
as opposed to Type 1 fonts.

it looks like pdflatex is to blame: the new files I generate with pdflatex in this machine are ugly, while the old ones look fine...

The blame rests with your font settings.  What fonts and font-related
packages have you installed on your system?

mhh...  I installed tetex-base and other related latex packages...  what
fonts package should I install?

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |