Re: Can't Setup/Configure Mailscanner / Can't Upgrade Mailscanner / Can't Uninstall Mailacanner

Well, its been four days and no reply. What gives, don't I deserve some consideration as the other users do? I do need help
on this and other issues I have with Debian GNU/Linux.  Again, please help.
Thanks,
Leonard Chatagnier
Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

This Newbie needs serious help with resolving Mailscanner issues in subject. I have transcribed by hand the tty output of apt-get upgrage re: Mailacanner. If anyone of you good, kind, helpful souls can tell me how to copy the tty output of an apt-get upgrade and paste it into an email, it would be most helpful and time saving for me. I wouldn't mine editing out the unrelated material before sending. It will probably take several postings to convey all the issues This is just the start. I think the base problem lies in the Mailscanner configuration/setup dialog. It said to edit /etc/default/mailscanner, after modifying exim or sendmail to suit your needs, and this statement if found in /etc/init.d/mailscanner which originall appeared
on the tty output of an apt-get install mailscanner:

"Please edit the file /etc/mailscanner/mailscanner.conf according to your needs. Then configure sendmail or exim for use
with mailscanner.

After you are done you will have to edit /etc/default/mailscanner as well(file didn't exist at the time). Then you will have to set the variable run_mailscanner to 1, and then type "/etc/init.d/mailscanner start" to start the mailscanner daemon."

Now, the confusion lies in the last paragraph of the quote. Is this the way to set an environmental variable? Do I use the set command? Do I put the init.d command in the file or type it at the tty promp after saving the file? Thought about this alot and did
first:
Create the file /etc/default/ mailscanner and added the line "run_mailscanner=1" without quotes. This didn't help and continued
to get error messages during upgrade of mailscanner.
Then after several upgrades and dist=upgrades:
Added the line "/etc/init.d/mailscanner start" to the file /etc/default/mailscanner without quotes. This entry didn't help anything but, probably causing all the open files. Still getting error messages regarding upgrading mailscanner. Tried to uninstall mailscanner but got several postinst and prerm dpkg errors mostly error 127. Don't have accuract tty output to quote
at this time on uninstall.

So, I'd like to know how to setup/configure mailscanner properly regarding specifically the "/etc/default/mailscaner" file and "/etc/init.d/mailscanner start" or at least "How to uninstall and get it out of my system?"
Appreciate and help/suggestion.
PLEASE COPY MY EMAIL ADDRESS: NOT SUBSCRIBED.

Thanks,
Leonard Chatagnier