Re: Dual-screen configuration help needed

Matthijs wrote:
Now I'm not yet sure what to choose in XFree86:
I've tried two screens with separate drivers and framebuffers. This
has disadvantages:
1) I cannot give the displays different backdrops; (cosmetic but I
like different backdrops)

Off-topic, but does your Windows setup allow you to display different backdrops on your different screens? I ask because I too like different backdrops on a dual-screen setup in Windows (2000), but the only way I have found so far is to manually create a large image that contains the images I want to see, scaled to the correct size.

Perhaps most of it is a matter of getting used to a new system, but so
far it looks like dual screen on Windows is overall a bit more
userfriendly. Any hints on how to get Sarge to behave better? Tools or
applications specifically for dual screen configurations that I've
missed?

I'm no expert on dual-screen in X, but I think you need xinerama to make it behave like that.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven