Re: multiport ethernet cards

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:10:03AM +0000, Chris Evans wrote:
> In relation to debugging my DNS lookup woes (see other posts!) I'm
> going to buy a spare PCI ethernet card.  Since my firewall machine is
> tiny and quiet, it only has one PCI slot so I'd like to get a
> multiport, ideally four port, card.  Some time back people recommended
> the Intel Pro multiport cards but they were out of my price range
> except on Ebay (where I can now only see one two port card).  I also
> had a recommendation for Soekris who have 2 and 4 port cards at prices
> I can pay and say they have linux support (see end of post for spec).
>
> Does anyone have experience of these cards with Woody or have another
> recommendation?
>
> TIA,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,
a UG in my area ( 'nycwireless.net') hack and deploy soekris boards for
wireless access points. One of the members maintains a distributions
based on debian called 'pebble' linux. check out the list and google for
'pebble linux'.
Cheers,
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||