Re: Acer WLAN

On Sunday 09 January 2005 12:33 pm, Yevgen Reznichenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to run my Acer WLAN 802.11 PCMCIA Card under Debian
> (sid, 2.6.9). According to linux-wlan.org it has a Prism2/2.5/3
> chipset. But I can't find the appropriate module which I should load
> to enable this card. Could you please refer me to the right module
> name?
>
> Furthermore, windows says that this card has Realtek 8180L chipset?
> Is it in conflict to "Prism2/2.5/3". Is it possible to get running
> Realtek binaries under 2.6?
>
> Any help is welcome!
>
> Yevgen
 Here is my experience with a laptop with an onboard Realtek nic,
onboard Intel wireless and a PCMCIA slot. This laptop also has
firewire, which gets into the configuration of nic devices, somehow. I
have an Orinoco wireless PC card I use, well supported much like the
Prism cards. during boot, Discover/Hotplug tires to set up the firewire
and onboard Intel wireless card. I say tries, because there wasn't
(yet) a driver for the Intel card and also tries to setup the firewire
nic, which doesn't exist. I have to disable the firewire module to get
the PC card to work. This all went away one I compiled the IPW2100
module for the Intel wireless.

Maybe somewhere in there you may find some help.
--
Greg C. Madden