Re: Question about Thunderbird and headers

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:22:30PM -0500, David P James wrote:
> On Tue 4 January 2005 14:42, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I've installed Thunderbird on Sarge from the testing repository.
> > This is an experiment for me. I notice that the normal display
> > gives almost no information about where an email came from and
> > when I expand the headers of an email from this list, it fills
> > the whole screen, long lines to not wrap, and there are no
> > scroll bars. So I can get either too little or much too much
> > of headers. Is there some way to control the display of headers
> > as there is in mutt? How?
>
> There was an extension that allowed for the control of this but I can't
> find it anymore (I even installed it on my father's machine). But, you
> can create a user.js file in the same directory as prefs.js and add the
> following line to it (without Thunderbird running):
>
> user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);

I'm pretty sure I created a user.js in the correct place, and -very-
sure it contains the above line, but I see no effect on the behavior
of thunderbird. What should this line do for me? Show me a 'UserAgent'?
Or what?

I must be missing something. (user.js was placed in a subfolder of
.mozilla-thunderbird in my home directory, and yes. all mods were done
with tbird not running)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net