Re: Question about Thunderbird and headers

On Tue 4 January 2005 14:42, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I've installed Thunderbird on Sarge from the testing repository.
> This is an experiment for me. I notice that the normal display
> gives almost no information about where an email came from and
> when I expand the headers of an email from this list, it fills
> the whole screen, long lines to not wrap, and there are no
> scroll bars. So I can get either too little or much too much
> of headers. Is there some way to control the display of headers
> as there is in mutt? How?

There was an extension that allowed for the control of this but I can't
find it anymore (I even installed it on my father's machine). But, you
can create a user.js file in the same directory as prefs.js and add the
following line to it (without Thunderbird running):

user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);

I'll see if I can track down the extension but it may no longer work.
--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

Noone isn't no one