Re: Sarge

gcrimp@vcn.bc.ca wrote:

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 08:22:20AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
If you're only wanting to upgrade your kernel, and the 2.6 series is not in the Woody repositories (implied from your post, but I haven't checked lately), and you have network access, you can add the Stable lines into your /etc/apt/sources.list file and then do:
<snip>

Once you have a working machine with the new kernel, if you then want to upgrade the entire system to Stable, follow up with:
I don't think Sarge has been officially released.  Woody is still the
official stable release.  I think you meant Sarge in all above instances
where you made reference to stable.
GCrimp
Oops; you're right. Typos. Should be:

lately), and you have network access, you can add the *Sarge* lines into your /etc/apt/sources.list file and then do:
and

Once you have a working machine with the new kernel, if you then want to upgrade the entire system to *Sarge*, follow up with:

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu