Re: A list administation query

On 2005-01-01, Michael D. Crawford <crawford@goingware.com> wrote:
> I don't know the answer to your question, but a feature I'd like for mailing
> lists to have in general would be "send only subscriptions".
addresses.

Having lost two mailboxes to the the "Swem-worm flood", I do
not willingly post my true address to any public forum.

The results of my posting via gmane are confusing - given that my
addresses are supposed to be encrypted and only Gmane knows my true
email address.

In fact, some of my postings have an encrypted address and some do not.
Gmane points out that the encrypt feature is in the hands of the list
administrator.

So perhaps my question should have been:

What do I need to do to get my encryption requests accepted by
"list.debian.user" ?

For the record, my preferred newsserver lists the postings to the list,
but has its own way of handling postings intended for the list.  An
attempt to send a message via that newsserver bounced with the following
advice (abbreviated):

,----[ bounce.txt ]-