Re: cannot open root device "801"

I don't know because I'm not using the Debian image (I like to compile
my own kernels, and have only started running into these problems using
2.6.x kernels).  Does the Debian 2.6.8 binary image contain support for
the Sym53C8XXX SCSI controller?

Beyond this problem with HFS, I'm concerned that any compilation in the
future will present problems, which is why I'd like to solve my current
predicament.  I've recompiled quite a few times, all with no success.

--
Eric N. Valor
ericv@cruzio.com

: This Space Intentionally Left Blank :