Re: [OT] crossing nebraska

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 20:26, dorn hetzel wrote:

> No, it's quite nice actually.  My wife is from Omaha and we were out
> in NE over thanksgiving (drove out from Atlanta).

I live about 100 miles northwest of Omaha.  We're still far enough east to
be in the Missouri River valley terrain instead of the open plains.

> My favorite parts of Nebraska are way out west around Alliance.  I
> can't explain why, it's just got a real good feel to it.  We spent
> a whole week or so of family vacation one year just driving around
> western Nebraska and southwest South Dakota (Rushmore and all that).

We drove up to South Dakota and across to Rapid City, Mt. Rushmore, and the
Badlands over the summer.  That was some of the most beautiful country I've
ever seen.
--
Kirk Strauser