Re: [OT] Big Open Roads (Was: Linux Functionality?)

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 03:23, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I-10 has some pretty cool stuff along it, though.  But I guess you have
> to be in the right frame of mind to really go tooling around the
> southwest.

I lived in Springfield, Missouri when I enlisted in the Navy.  I did my
basic training in Chicago, then got transferred to a school in San Diego.
I drove from Chicago to Springfield, spent a couple of weeks, then spent
three days driving from Springfield to Dallas to College Station, TX to
visit a friend, then San Diego.  I personally thought the drive was
breathtaking (although admittedly pretty boring in parts), since the
landscape was completely and utterely different than what I'd grown up with
at the edge of the Ozark Mountains.
--
Kirk Strauser