Re: [OT] crossing nebraska

Kirk Strauser wrote:
On Tuesday 28 December 2004 06:58 pm, Vineet Kumar wrote:

Finally, a topic I'm qualified to speak on (living in northeast Nebraska and all that). I've never been on I-80 west of Lincoln - is it really *that* bad? As a fairly new resident of the state I'm not too well acquainted with the south and west portions.

Let's put it this way -- it looks nice, but the view doesn't change much for many many miles after Lincoln. Come on out to Denver sometime, and you'll see. ;-)

There's supposedly been some Pioneer exhibit and bridge built somewhere out there on I-80 now -- at least that would break the monotony. Tourist trap though, I'm sure. It was featured in the move "About Schmidt".

The real historical stuff out there is in cool museums out there in Central and Western Nebraska towns if you take the time to get off the Interstate and stop in and see them.

I-76 from the Nebraska border on into Denver isn't exactly anyone's idea of excitement either... anyone that I know of anyway.

I also used to do all this long before MP3's... but then again, I'm a fan of tuning around the dial on AM broadcast to see what's out there on the air when travelling through new places in the States.

Nate