Re: [OT] crossing nebraska

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 03:30, Nate Duehr wrote:

> Let's put it this way -- it looks nice, but the view doesn't change much
> for many many miles after Lincoln.  Come on out to Denver sometime, and
> you'll see.  ;-)

I plan to next summer.  Nothing but fresh air, open skies, and three
screaming kids and a fed-up wife in a minivan for hours and hours.  Ahh,
vacation...

> There's supposedly been some Pioneer exhibit and bridge built somewhere
> out there on I-80 now -- at least that would break the monotony.
> Tourist trap though, I'm sure.

Can't be any worse than the "Wall Drug" and "Corn Palace" signs on I-90 for
about 400 miles in either direction.  :-)

> I-76 from the Nebraska border on into Denver isn't exactly anyone's idea
> of excitement either... anyone that I know of anyway.

I wondered about it.  Is it at least a little rugger?  I don't know much
about Colorado's topography (I was 4 years old when I last approached
Denver from the east).

> I also used to do all this long before MP3's... but then again, I'm a
> fan of tuning around the dial on AM broadcast to see what's out there on
> the air when travelling through new places in the States.

I still do that.  I always think it's neat to find out that I'm picking up a
station from Fargo, or Rapid City, or Chicago.
--
Kirk Strauser