Re: udev and gnome-volume-manager not working in Sarge

Apparently, _Steve Lamb_, on 15/12/04 15:15,typed:
H. S. wrote:

I have two Sid machines running here. Both do not have
libpam-devperm package intalled, yet both have a consistent ownership of /dev/hd? devices (CDROM and/or CDRW) of root:cdrom. Had devperm been the culprit, wouldn't the permissions be reset in those machines as well?

No. My point was that since devperm handles dynamic re-owning of devices, CD/CDRW included, maybe that's the answer to the problem you're experiening. IE, instead of wondering why it keeps getting reset back to root:cdrom attack it by ensuring that when you (or anyone else) logs in it is automatically owned to them.

Okay, I will try this right away. Meanwhile, any idea what happends to users who remotely login to this machine? If I own the drives, they wouldn't be able to use them?

->HS