Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows - good

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 12:10 -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Ron Johnson wrote:

[snip]
> i'm waiting for the next generation (non-linux) kernel to come out
> that will fix the "linux kernel problems" which is growing into
> giant monster, and it's approaching its "getting too old age"
> at this point ( 13+ years ) .. most other kernels/os has long
> since died off before it got to be 14yrs old

This is one of the benefits of Linus never promising backwards
compatibility: if it gets old an crusty, rewrite it.

Some actively developed OSs that have been around for more than
14 years: VMS (VAX, Alpha & Itanium), z/OS & DOS/VSE (another
mainframe OS).

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true."
Albert Einstein