Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

Steve Lamb wrote:
Of course with WinXP you have DRM and the dreaded 3-strikes problem. They might have licked that crashing problem (har, riiiight) and just traded it in for their own set of shackles. I have no experience with XP becuase of it.

Yeah, but I doubt Window's support for DRM is closely related to the
relative ease with which Windows users can introduce and use new hardware.

And it really is the case that I've never happened to see a blue screen of death on my XP system. I agree that old versions of Windows had this problem. But I'm just comparing the most recent versions of Windows and Linux. (XP vs. Sarge/2.6.9/udev)

--
Christian Convey
Computer Scientist,