Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows

Christian Convey wrote:
But to be fair, that hasn't been my experience with Windows XP at all. So I'm doubtful that the users' simplicity offered by Windows has crashiness as a necessary consequence.

Of course with WinXP you have DRM and the dreaded 3-strikes problem. They might have licked that crashing problem (har, riiiight) and just traded it in for their own set of shackles. I have no experience with XP becuase of it.

Now, 2k.... don't get me started on 2k. Anyone who says Debian is hard to install obviously has never attempted a 2k install. *shudder*