Re: web mail interface

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 18:54, Jacob S wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:29:47 -0800 (PST)
> "Ron Farrer" <rbf@debian.org> wrote:

> > >with> particularly large mailboxes. I have no trouble sending email
> > >through> it,
> > >
> > > I use squirrelmail on top of courier-imap as well (sometimes..
> > > thunderbird right now), and I have folders larger than 3000 emails,
> > > and I have no problems.
> >
> > I'd suggest that the original poster has a configuration or IMAP
> > server issue. I use squirrelmail with uw-imapd without any problems on
> > a multiuser server. I have one folder with just over 2000 emails and
> > it handles it just fine.
>
> I've seen this problem before, but I don't think it's a bug. We had a
> user with several mailboxes with more than a couple thousand e-mails per
> folder. We're also running squirrelmail on top of courier-imap.
>
> The current development version of squirrelmail has a new feature for
> the purpose of correcting this. Current (in Sarge) versions of
> squirrelmail look at the headers for every e-mail in the folder. The new
> version will only look at the headers for each e-mail that will be
> displayed on the current page.
>
> HTH,
> Jacob

Hey just thought i would say my bit :)

I have courier-imap running here on a freebsd boxen... its got a frw
mail accounts of around 18,000 mails in at the mo. squirrel wont even
log me into the account.... over about 2,000 it seemed to give up on me,
the server IS configured correctly.

I use evolution and thunderbird for desktop clients
and for webmail the only client i have found that dont crap its self at
the large sized box is IlohaMail which loads the account perfect and
fast :-)

so maybe give that a try :)

just me bit :P

Bye!