Re: web mail interface

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 06:49:20AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
} I'm getting kind of sick of squirrelmail.
}
} It have a very lame feature that mailboxes in excess of 1500 to 2000
} emails simply don't load or fail to work correctly.  That and I am
} getting hit with SERVER_RESPONSE errors every time I send anything.

Squirrelmail sits on top of an IMAP server. You might check to make sure
that it is squirrelmail, not the IMAP server, that can't handle that large
mailboxes. Try connecting to the IMAP server using some client (e.g.
Thunderbird) and see if the large mailboxes work properly.

In addition, did sending email ever work through squirrelmail? If not, it
sounds like it is misconfigured. That is fixable.

} So I'm in the market for something new.
}
} Maildir support is mandatory.
}
} I know of courier-imap.  I'm a little leary of this because I'm not
} using courier as my imap server I would like to avoid something the
} would install it as a dependency.  This doesn't condemn courier, it just
} means I haven't done all my research in this area.
}
} Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.

I use squirrelmail on top of courier-imap, but I haven't tried it with
particularly large mailboxes. I have no trouble sending email through it,
however.

} --
--Greg