Re: web mail interface

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:29:47 -0800 (PST)
"Ron Farrer" <rbf@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, December 8, 2004 4:29, Robert Vangel said:
> > Gregory Seidman wrote:
> >> I use squirrelmail on top of courier-imap, but I haven't tried it
> >with> particularly large mailboxes. I have no trouble sending email
> >through> it,
> >> however.
> >
> > I use squirrelmail on top of courier-imap as well (sometimes..
> > thunderbird right now), and I have folders larger than 3000 emails,
> > and I have no problems.
>
> I'd suggest that the original poster has a configuration or IMAP
> server issue. I use squirrelmail with uw-imapd without any problems on
> a multiuser server. I have one folder with just over 2000 emails and
> it handles it just fine.

I've seen this problem before, but I don't think it's a bug. We had a
user with several mailboxes with more than a couple thousand e-mails per
folder. We're also running squirrelmail on top of courier-imap.

The current development version of squirrelmail has a new feature for
the purpose of correcting this. Current (in Sarge) versions of
squirrelmail look at the headers for every e-mail in the folder. The new
version will only look at the headers for each e-mail that will be
displayed on the current page.

HTH,
Jacob