web mail interface

I'm getting kind of sick of squirrelmail.

It have a very lame feature that mailboxes in excess of 1500 to 2000 emails simply don't load or fail to work correctly. That and I am getting hit with SERVER_RESPONSE errors every time I send anything.

So I'm in the market for something new.

Maildir support is mandatory.

I know of courier-imap. I'm a little leary of this because I'm not using courier as my imap server I would like to avoid something the would install it as a dependency. This doesn't condemn courier, it just means I haven't done all my research in this area.

Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.