Re: Iptables the "Debian" way?

For information on setting up iptables under /etc/init.d/ you can check
out the file under "less /etc/default/iptables".

The writes own general feeling can be seen in the first q/a:
# Q: You concocted this init.d setup, but you do not like it?
# A: I was pretty much hounded into providing it. I do not like it.
#    Don't use it. Use /etc/network/interfaces, use /etc/network/*.d/
#    scripts use /etc/ppp/ip-*.d/ script. Create your own custom
#    init.d script -- no need to even name it iptables.  Use ferm,
#    ipmasq, ipmenu, guarddog, firestarter, or one of the many other
#    firewall configuration tools available. Do not use the init.d
#    script.

I choose to ignore all of his warnings and use it. The machine its
running on is Woody. Not sure if the init.d script is provided in later
versions.

Here is a link in case you can't find it on your machine. Notthing
official so no guarantees:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-italian/2004/10/msg00442.html