Re: Creating screen shot with import (ImageMagick)

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 21:57 +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
> I tried to create a screen shot of my appliaction with import. That
> worked somehow when I clicked into the window. This way I can't show any
> menu so I added a "-delay 500" and tried to switch to the window of my
> app but the Alt-TAB didn't work at all until the picture was taken (of
> course too early). Has anyone an idea how to solve this? Is someone able
> to make screen shots showing the menu?

Here's how I do it:

./screen.cap.sh 45

Where ~/screen.cap.sh is:
  #!/bin/sh
  if [ "$1" != "" ];
  then
      date
      echo "$1"
      sleep $1
      date
  fi
  scrot '%Y-%m-%d_$wx$h.png' -e 'mv $f ~/shots/'

scrot is :
   scrot (SCReen shOT) is a simple commandline screen capture
   utility that uses imlib2 to grab and save images. Multiple
   image formats are supported through imlib2's dynamic saver
   modules.

HTH HAND BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of
government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow
operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson