Re: I don't want games!!!

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 03:05:56PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 14:12 -0500, Xinjiang Lu wrote:
> > If I get the point, aptitude can do it for you.
> >
> > aptitude remove kdegames
> >
> > will remove all dependent packages
> >
> > I once used apt-get to remove kde, but all kde components were left
> > untouched.  After that, every time I used aptitude, it would prompt me
> > to remove a bunch of packages. ;)
>
> Then don't use Evil Aptitude.  Good, solid apt-get won't do those
> sorts of things.

Use aptitude to install x-window-system-core, kcontrol, and gnome-control-center.
This brings in enough of X, KDE, and Gnome to run any app.
Then add a few more packages as desired.
In particular, konqueror and/or nautlus.  Use aptitude and almost
all the rest of KDE and/or Gnome will come in sans games and crap.

Finally, install kdm or gdm with aptitude and the final bits will
come in.