Re: Iptables the "Debian" way?

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 14:22 -0500, Ben Russo wrote:
--snip--
> Also, I installed Webmin and the webmin-iptables module.  But when I go
> to the webmin interface there is no iptables module being shown (yes I
> restarted apache, webmin and my browser).  Any hints?

Not sure about the other bits as I personally use Webmin for all of my
permanent iptables changes. (I add temporary rules from the command line
that get removed next time I restart iptables.)

The thing to check with webmin is whether the iptables module is
actually ENABLED. In Webmin go to Webmin Users, and click on your
username. That'll show you a "Webmin user access rights" screen. At the
bottom of that screen you can find a Modules section. Any modules which
aren't checked won't show up on the main menu. Check the modules you
want to see and click Save.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837