Full replacement of MS

Hi,

I'm still toying with the idea of fully replacing Windows w Debian GNU/Linux. The doubt I am still having is this: will I be able to use all the data that I had created under Windows, those documents, emails, images, audios and videos? Anyone has done a complete and successful conversion? Will I have to start-off with a dual-OS system and do the conversion via the HD?  Or should I carry out a MS Backup of all these data to a CD-RW and use it for the conversion under LInux? Would like to hear from you.

Cheers

Ken